There are some situations when you don’t have time to visit the spa or salon, and then you should try a home remedy to improve your bath experience. A sitz bath is a great way to treat you without spending a fortune.
Cvs health sitz bath is an old-fashioned technique used to treat different conditions, but now it is one of the best alternative treatments. Sitz baths are a relaxing therapy that can improve mood and increase the body’s blood flow.
The concept of a sitz bath is to use warm water to relax the muscles and the joints, which is excellent for the back and hips. You must soak your body in warm water for 10 to 20 minutes. The water should be hot enough to feel warm, but you should never use scalding water.
Here are some practical tips for making your sitz bath at home:
Essential oils: Essential oils have different healing properties and can be added to a sitz bath.
- Lavender essential oil
- Cedar wood essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
Baking soda: Baking soda is a good choice for a sitz bath because it can eliminate the foul odors in the skin.
Bath salts: You can add bath salts to your sitz bath to add extra benefits.
Addition of essential oils: You can add essential oils to your sitz bath to make it even more therapeutic.
- Prepare your ingredients.
- Place a towel on the floor.
- Place your body into the tub.
- Turn the shower on and pour the water.
- Fill the tub with warm water and turn the heat to a medium temperature.
- Soak your body in the tub for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse your body with cold water.
- Use a clean towel to dry your body.
- You can use a soft washcloth to clean your body gently.
We have seen many effective ways to make a sitz bath, but here is the best one. You need to take a sitz bath at home and enjoy it.