We live in an era where there is no concept of peace because wars are not only happening in the border countries but are spreading in our backyard. So, we cannot blame the politicians responsible for war and conflicts, but they are still trying to maintain the status quo.
Certain people are working hard to improve the situation, and one of them is World Health Assembly. WHO is the largest UN agency in the world, and it is responsible for global health and well-being.
WHO has been organizing the World Health Assembly 2016 since 1946, and it is one of the most important meetings of the year. It is a meeting of all the member states and a gathering of the heads of all the agencies under the WHO.
As per its mandate, which is responsible for monitoring the progress of health in all countries, it is an excellent platform for the member states to discuss the best possible way to deal with the problems in the field of health.
The World Health Assembly is held once a year, and it is held in different cities. The next edition will be held in Geneva from May 31 to June 11, 2016.
Top 5 highlights of this year’s World Health Assembly:
1. The first highlight of this year’s meeting is the introduction of the organization’s new logo. In case you didn’t know, the new logo is more stylish and is an excellent example of the organization moving forward.
2. The second highlight is the resolution passed regarding the International Health Regulations (IHR). The WHO member states answered, and it is an excellent example of the fact that the WHO is more than a forum for discussing the health issues of the countries.
3. The third highlight is the resolution passed regarding the WHO’s commitment to combat antimicrobial resistance and the need to improve the health of women and children.
4. The fourth highlight is the resolution that was passed regarding the eradication of hepatitis. It is an excellent example of the fact that the WHO is ready to eradicate the disease in the world, and it is one of the best examples of the fact that the WHO is working in the right direction.
5. The fifth highlight of this year’s meeting is the resolution passed regarding implementing the Sustainable Development Goals. There are specific targets that the UN sets, and it is an excellent example of the fact that health issues are being addressed correctly.
So, this is all about the highlights of this year’s meeting. I am sure you will love the new logo and resolution that the WHO passed.